- Chit seed potato tubers as soon as you have them.
- From mid-February onwards sow tomato and cucumber seed for greenhouse growing.
- Peas can be sown in the greenhouse in old (but clean) guttering that has had drainage holes drilled in the bottom.
- Plant Jerusalem artichoke tubers.
- Untie festooned fruit tree branches that have set into position.
- This is your last chance to winter prune apples, pears, medlars and quinces.
- This is your last chance to prune established autumn-fruiting raspberries.
- Prune back newly planted raspberries back to 30cm (12in) if not done already.
- This is your last chance to winter prune red currants, white currants and gooseberries.
These tips have been taken from the Royal Horticultural Society, Grow your own section. Full details can be seen at